Winter Driving Tips – Get a Grip While Driving…
There have been some harsh winters in recent years that have made driving conditions on roads extremely challenging. If you lost control of your car would you know what to do? The cause of a skid is almost always the fault of the driver and not the weather!! Some people think ice is the only risk, but extreme weather including snow blizzards, heavy rain and even fog can also affect how safe we are on the roads.
Top driving tips for driving safely
- Allow a sensible distance when following other cars
- Slow down in built up areas
- Anticipate the actions of other road users-particularly pedestrians
- Before a corner ensure your vehicle is in the correct position
- Travel in the correct gear
- Drive at the right speed and appropriately for the conditions
Every skid is different and the best way to deal with a skid is not to get into it in the first place! Learn how to control a car in adverse conditions from our team of skid control experts. We combine the serious elements of the course with some fun, enabling you to control a vehicle, while reducing or eliminating the main cause of a skid, and showing you how to correctly regain control.
Our skid control courses are a must for all drivers. Book a course today by calling 01249 783010..
Coming next time “Winter survival kit to carry in your car”…