Drive-Tech Ltd respects the privacy of all its customers this policy provides the opportunity to understand how we collect, store and process data and to put your mind at ease with the information you provide us.
What data do we collect?
We may process certain types of personal data about you, outlined as follows:
- Identity Data may include your title, name, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data may include your address(s), email address(s) or telephone number(s).
- Transactional Data may include details of payments you make to Drive-Tech Ltd
- Profile Data may include your Drive-Tech Ltd purchase history, preferences and feedback.
- Marketing and Communications Data may include your communication preferences in relation to receiving marketing communications from Drive-Tech.
- And the same information you provide us for any child/young person.
Championship Specific Data may include details of races you have entered, race results, race photography and video footage. We use Social media platforms such as Facebook, twitter, Instagram and you tube. Information put on these platforms is controlled by the social media operators.
How we collect your data
We collect data about you via several different methods including:
Direct interactions: you may provide data by filling in our online forms or by communicating with us by post, phone, email or otherwise, including when you:
- Make a purchase online
- Enter one or our events
- Experience one of our driving activities
- subscribe to our competition
- Provide us with feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions: As you use our site, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns. We collect this data by using cookies, server logs and similar technologies.
We are using cookies to give you the best experience on the website
- Cookies are used on our site to keep track of the contents of your shopping cart, to store delivery addresses if the address book is used and to store your details if you select the ‘Remember Me’ Option. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website. A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. If you decline cookies this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- We use reasonable security methods to protect the personal information that we process including internet standard encryption technology (SSL or Secure socket layer technology) to encode personal information that you send to us through our website.
- However, please note that whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information you provide to us, no transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be secure.
How we use your personal data
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. The most common uses of your personal data are:
- Where we need to fulfil the contract between us;
- Where you apply to participate in our race events to administer your request, renew your membership
- acknowledge requests
- Remind you of future opportunities and provide you with member benefits
- Where it’s necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation(s).
- When you have consented to receiving marketing emails.
- When you submit personal information regarding a child (as defined by GDPR) as a driver, you are giving explicit permission that these details may be used by us in administering that membership and provide access to the services requested, send emails, newsletters, championship updates, league tables and personalise and better tailor the features on our website, social media and our services for your use.
- We recommend that parents or guardians supervise young people while they are online.
- Accidents – should a reportable accident take place under our jurisdiction we will record the information that is legally required we may ask for emergency contact details which will only be used in an emergency and which is used for a legitimate interest.
Who do we share your data with?
You can rest assured Drive-Tech Ltd will not sell or share your data for profit.
There are some partners who we work with to allow us to provide our services and your data will be shared with them. Details of these partners and why we need to share your data are outlined as follows:
- We use a third party called Mail Chimp to send out our emails and track responses.
- For some events we will publish photographs/video footage of the race. These photographs/videos are published on our website and stored on YouTube.
- Mail Chimp and YouTube store personal data outside of the EEA however they are signed up to Privacy Shield which is a framework to provide companies with a mechanism to comply with European Data protection requirements when transferring and storing personal data in the United States.
- We use a third party called PayPal to process credit/debit card information when buying online and we do not not therefore collect card details entered.
- We use a third party called World pay to process credit/debit card information when buying by phone, we do not store your card details, only the card used and the last 4 digits.
- We may also share some of your information you provide with other relevant kart clubs, kart schools, kart associations and the Motorsport Association which is used for a legitimate interest.
- Some or all of your information collected for a race meeting may be disclosed publicly. For instance your name, finishing position, photographs and video may be published online and in print outlets by us or in other media outlets, newspapers etc.
- We may share information with service providers, for example to print brochures, advertising leaflets etc.
- We require these partners to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. We do not control these third party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
How long will Drive-Tech Ltd keep my personal data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
A parent or guardian may submit a request to email@example.com to stop any further use of a child/young person’s personal information or to request we supress any information as far as we are able.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
If you have signed up to the Drive-Tech Ltd competitions/ newsletters we will keep your data until you request to unsubscribe, which you can do by clicking the unsubscribe link on the bottom of any email we send.
You have the right to obtain details of your personal details and how it is used.
You have the right to correct your data, if any of your personal data we hold is not accurate.
You have the right to be forgotten and in simple terms you can request the deletion of your personal data where there is no compelling reason for us to keep it.
How do I access my personal data?
You are entitled to view, amend or delete any personal data that we hold about you. To do this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions relating to the way in which we manage customer information then please feel free to contact us email@example.com or by calling 01249 783010.
Changes to this policy
this policy was last updated in May 2018.
We may update this policy if;
- the services we offer on our website change
- how and what personal data we collect, store and process changes
- there are any changes to the data protection laws and regulations.