Skid Pan Courses
We offer two levels of skid pan courses at our venue at Castle Combe Racing Circuit. This one is our Intensive Skid Pan course.
Premium Skid Course Voucher
£180.00 Per Person
Premium Skid Pan Driving Experiences – Skid Control Courses save Lives!
Learning life saving driving skills can improve driver confidence in all conditions. No matter how good we think we are as drivers, heavy rain, ice and snow reduce traction, manoeuvrability and visibility making it easy for any car to skid. This Skid Pan Driving experience course has all the defensive driving techniques of the standard Skid Course and so much more! Loads more driving time to put you in control!
Our Premium Skid Pan Driving Experience Course
- Welcome introduction
- Safety briefing
- Initial driving Session on the Skid Pan (both types of car)
- Detailed briefing to include:
- Oversteer & Understeer
- what it feels like
- how to apply corrective action
- what happens if you do not correct
- Types of cars likely to oversteer & understeer
- Drivers actions that are likely to induce oversteer & understeer
- Intensive practice on the Skid Pan (both types of car)
- Detailed briefing on braking with ABS, non ABS cars and Cadence braking, how it should be used, advantages & limitations
- Intensive breaking exercises
- Briefing on differences between techniques used for both ABS and non ABS
- Briefing on ‘brake assist’ fitted to some cars
- Discussion on 4WD
- Premium skid control completion certificate
- Max 6 drivers (2 groups of 3)
- Duration approx 3 hours
- This course runs the 1st & 3rd Friday mornings of each month
- Drivers must hold a full driving licence
Make Perfect Presents for any occasion sent out 1st class post on day of purchase (if before 2pm). All vouchers are open dated and valid for 18 months, sent in presentation brochure.
Please see the Voucher Delivery Information tab (above) for more information regarding delivery options.
Castle Combe Circuit, Wiltshire. Approx 7 miles from both Junction 17 (Chippenham) & Junction 18 (Bath) of the M4.
The Gift Voucher Pack is sent First Class Royal Mail as standard in a plain envelope the same working day if the order is received by 2pm. All orders made after 2pm will be sent First Class the next working day. However please allow 2-5 working days delivery time.
At time of purchase all customers have the option to choose ‘Special Delivery’ service, again via the Royal Mail. This guarantee’s next day delivery before 1pm. Please note this will need to be signed for. All orders for ‘Special Delivery’ must be made before 2pm Monday to Friday and can be specified when purchasing on our website or by contacting our office on 01249 783010. Please note that all delivery options will be affected by Bank Holidays and Christmas periods. In all cases Drive-Tech Ltd are not liable for any delays incurred by the Royal Mail.